AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND JCI –
JCI E-Commerce Portal is comprised of various Web pages operated by JCI. The JCI E-Commerce Portals offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of the JCI E-Commerce Portal Constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
JCI reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the JCI E-Commerce Portal is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of the JCI E-Commerce Portal.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The JCI E-Commerce Portal may contain links to other Web Sites (“Linked Sites”).
The Linked Sites are not under the control of JCI and JCI is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. JCI is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. JCI is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by JCI of the site or any association with its operators.
- NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the JCIE-Commerce Portal Web Site, you warrant to JCI that you will not use the JCI E-Commerce Portal for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the JCI E-Commerce Portal in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the JCI E-Commerce Portal or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the JCI E-Commerce Portal. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the JCI E-Commerce Portal.
- USE OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
The JCI E-Commerce Portal may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, “Communication Services”), you agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner. Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services. Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service. Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations. JCI has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, JCI reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. JCI reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
- JCI reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, at JCI’s sole discretion.
- Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service.
- JCI does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, JCI specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service.
- Managers and hosts are not authorized JCI spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of JCI.
- Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
- MATERIALS PROVIDED TO JCI OR POSTED AT ANY JCI E-COMMERCE PORTAL
JCI does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to JCI (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to any JCI E-Commerce Portal or its associated services (collectively “Submissions”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you are granting JCI, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicenses permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their Internet businesses including, without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; and to publish your name in connection with your Submission.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. JCI is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and may remove any Submission at any time in JCI’s sole discretion. By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission as described in this section including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions.
- LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
- JCI Reserves Rights:
JCI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the JCI E-Commerce Portal and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. GENERAL To the maximum extent permitted by law, Use of the JCI E-Commerce Portal is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and JCI as a result of this agreement or use of the JCIE-Commerce Portal.
- JCI’s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of JCI’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the JCI E-Commerce Portal or information provided to or gathered by JCI with respect to such use.
- If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and JCI with respect to the JCI E-Commerce Portal and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and JCI with respect to the JCIE-Commerce Portal.
- A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. It is the express wish to the parties that this agreement and all related documents be drawn up in English.
- COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES:
All contents of the JCI E-Commerce Portalare: Powered by RV Solutions Pvt. Ltd.The Jute Corporation of India Limited and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. The example companies, organizations, products, people and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, person, or event is intended or should be inferred. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- Privacy Statement
JCI is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the JCI E-Commerce Portal and governs data collection and usage. By using the JCIE-Commerce Portal, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
2. Collection of your Personal Information
JCI collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. JCI also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP PIN code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by JCI. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website portal addresses. This information is used by JCI for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the JCI E-Commerce Portal. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through JCI public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: JCI does not read any of your private online communications. JCI encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from JCI so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. JCI is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the JCI and JCI family of Web sites.
- Use of your Personal Information
JCI collects and uses your personal information to operate the JCI E-Commerce Portal and deliver the services you have requested. JCI also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from JCI and its affiliates. JCI may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. JCI does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. JCI may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, JCI may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to JCI, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. JCI does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent. JCI keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within JCI, in order to determine what JCI services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within JCI to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area JCI E-Commerce portal will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on JCI or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of JCI; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of JCI, or the public.
The JCI E-Commerce Portal use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time.
The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize JCI pages, or register with JCIE-Commerce Portal or services, a cookie helps JCI to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same JCIE-Commerce Portal, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the JCI E-Commerce Portal features that you customized. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the JCI services or Web sites you visit.
- Security of your Personal Information
JCI secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. JCI secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- Changes to this Statement
JCI will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. JCI encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how JCI is protecting your information.
- Contact Information
JCI welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that JCI has not adhered to this Statement, please contact JCI at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
- Disclaimer of Liability for Information on this Site
Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained on this site, the information is provided for general disclosure purposes only, and JCI does not, and cannot, provide any warranty, guarantee or promise express or implied concerning the content, completeness, accuracy, currency or otherwise of any individual item of information provided through the site. The information on the site is provided on the basis that all persons accessing the site take responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content, and JCI suggests that users requiring confirmation of any information should confirm the accuracy of information with JCI. The information contained on the web site E-Commerce Portal is not to be displayed except in full screen format, and no liability is accepted for any information or services which may appear in any other format.
- Disclaimer of Other Sites
JCI is not responsible for the contents, information or services which may appear on any off site pages, web sites or links referenced. The presence of a hyper-link from a page on one of JCI “www” servers is for convenience only and does not imply any kind of endorsement by JCI of those pages or links, or any endorsement of the contents or material on them. JCI is not responsible for the use of a hyper-link for which a commercial charge applies, and individual users are responsible for any charges that their use may incur.
- Limitation of Liability
The entire risk as to the use of information on this site is assumed by you. JCI shall have no liability to a user, or any other person or entity for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages whatsoever, even if JCI has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or they are foreseeable.
- Return policy
1.HOW LONG DOES THE JCI E-COMMERCE PRODUCT RETURNS PROCESS TAKE?
As soon as you opt out the Returns option online, you will receive an email at your registered email address and an SMS on your registered mobile phone number. You can also track the process by visiting the My Account page on your laptop or smartphone by clicking on My Orders. If you’re going in for an exchange, your replacement product will be delivered to you once we receive the product from your end through India Post or any courior service or directly at our HO. Remember to keep tracking your order .
- JCI PRODUCT RETURNS POLICY FOR DIFFERENT PRODUCT CATEGORIES
You may request for a refund/ replacement/ exchange within 24hrs of delivery for the category
NOTE: Be aware that for the above JCI E-commerce returns policy applies as long as the items are
unused, undamaged and with all original tags and packaging intact
- PRODUCT RETURNS – COMMON SCENARIOS
- When is your order eligible for product returns, exchange, replacement or refund?
Explore some of the scenarios to gain a better understanding so that you make an informed choice and experience peace of mind when you shop on JCI E-Commerce Portal.
- When your order is damaged, defective or tampered?
First, check if there is any damage to the product that you ordered. Sometimes, the package may appear to be damaged due to shipping and handling but the product inside the packaging may be in good condition. However, if you notice that your package has been tampered with or the product is not sealed properly in its box, you can reject the order on the spot. If you notice this after you accept the package, you may opt to raise a Return request. Click on the Orders tab in the whatsapp mobile app or desktop site to find the Return option. Opt for this and follow the next steps of the process. Depending on the category of product ordered, you may opt for a Replacement or Refund.
- Product returns and replacement in case of Out of Stock products
Ordered a bag and discovered that it is damaged? What if there is no replacement available in that colour or design?
You can get a full refund for the bag from the same My Orders tab. In fact, you can get a refund for any product you order from the category But if you like the bag so much that you’d like to keep an eye on when it comes back in stock, just click on the Notify Me feature. When your favorite bag is available with the E-Commerce portal, you will receive a notification so that you have another chance to buy exactly what you like.
- You ordered one thing, but got something else
So, you ordered a shopping bag, but when the package arrived you got a gym bag. While this is not a common occurrence, such scenarios should be immediately alerted for Returns. Once notified for return and got a notification from our end along with a docket no please post it to our Head office through India Post or any courior service or directly at our HO along with original packaging invoices bills, and original product.
- If you want a refund
If you are unsatisfied with your replacement, or if the specific product or model that you want is out of stock, our customer support team may advise you to opt for a refund. Choose the Request Return option by opting out the details from your My Orders page. Your refund will be processed after approval. Once your refund has been approved, your money will be credited back to you in one of two ways:
1. As a refund via the same source that you used to pay for the order (called Back to Source). For example, this means that if you paid via your HDFC Debit card, your refund will be credited to the same account.